Friday 8 February 2013

and another one bites the dust


thats another 5L sharps bin filled.... 

to me a sharps bin isnt just somewhere to chuck my needles and test strips once ive used them.

to me its days worth of struggles and successes
its the feelings of failure and wanting to give up
its another few months worth of injections and blood tests
its countless vials of insulin used to try and keep me healthy
its my battle and journey with diabetes
its the medical side of my life which i hate showing to the outside world
its the one thing that stands big and bright saying that what i do each day isnt meant to be normal.

it takes me a few months to fill a sharps box normally (although its taken longer to fill this one up...) so for me it shows the time thats gone by

you can almost see how my treatment has changed, how ive changed the meter or needles i use... how the amount of tests i now do has decreased dramatically...

it represents the fight thats taken place within the last year to find out what type i really am.

it shows that this stupid disease still hasnt been cured... 

so now to get a new one and start again. just like i will for a long time yet.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment