Sunday 25 August 2013

turning things around

Its hard to believe im now approaching my 3rd anniversary of being diagnosed with diabetes


my second anniversary of being put on insulin.


such a short amount of time compared to other people and yet ive almost given up already.

the amount of insulin injections ive done in the last month can be counted on one hand.

i came home from uni 2 months ago with 200 test strips, i still have over 50 left. not good.


ive gotta turn it round, ive gotta start doing this properly again and get my hba1c back down.

ive gotta start carb counting like ive been shown how to do

i need to get back my control


the fear factor has never worked with me, its never motivated me to control diabetes, but how rubbish ive felt recently has made me realise that i need to get things back to how they were.


with my levels hovering around 20mmols most of the time ive had no energy to do simple tasks, my moods have been all over the place, ive been so thirsty but for a while now ive thought its been worth it for the weight loss.

ive been thinking about it though, and ive started realising that weight loss is great, but not when its at the expense of my sight, my limbs, my heart or  my kidneys....

weight isnt really that important, ive got a boyfriend who loves me for me, ive got friends, ive got my family and im making something of my life....

weight loss will come eventually, my health is more important.

ive missed being part of the online community, ive missed feeling like i have the energy to do stuff, ive missed feeling like ive achieved something when i see a good number.

what good am i if i carry on like this and end up blind, with amputations or dead?

ive done so well before, i fought for an accurate diagnosis and won, i fought for the right treatment and won and ive fought this for 3yrs without anything bad happening

its gunna be tough, im gunna need support, im gunna need to take things one step at a time and im gunna have days when things dont work out.


ive got to do it for me and thats what im going to do

No comments:

Post a Comment