Tuesday 22 January 2013

one big screw you to mr d

you know what, diabetes often gets me down, often makes me feel defeated and often makes me feel incredibly different to other people my age...


especially when it comes to university assignments and uni in general.

my mates can easily sit there 2 days before an assignment is due and just do it. no problems concentrating, no problems with sugar levels. they just sit there and whack out 2000 words in a night easily...

i cant do that, i cant simply say that i will sit down on Tues night and do my essay... i cant rely on my levels being stable enough to sit and concentrate for enough hours to get an essay written in a day or two... that's what diabetes does to me. 

diabetes means that i have to start assignments earlier, put more effort into making sure i do it when i can rather than saying that i will do it later...

Just before Christmas i handed in 2 assignments, i can honestly tell you that between placement, lesson planning and doing these assignments i was very stressed and my levels reflected that... 

but this week i got the results. 

i got a 2.1 and a 2.2 so i am well chuffed with myself.... especially as they were both high marks in that grade boundary, i didn't just scrape into them

results like this in my first semester at uni really does make me stick two fingers up at diabetes and say screw you... its not gunna stop me doing what i want. even if it does throw constant high and low sugar levels at me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment