Monday 28 May 2012

The Beginning

Dear diabetes .... so I've been living with you now for almost 2yrs. I was 16 when you turned my life upside down and decided to play havoc with my body making me tired and thirsty and ill. this wasn't what I wanted to hear just a week before starting college. 
I've been on the pills, they made me ill and didn't help and now I inject to keep your nasty habit of raising my sugar levels at bay..... I've had my fair share of fights with the consultant about my treatment options cos they think I'm type 2, I think differently. You never have played the same way that other type 2's diabetes does. now I'm putting you under the microscope and am getting tested for MODY (maturity onset diabetes of the young) to see whether my genes caused you to come and stay. 
Still, I have good days and bad ones too. the days that I keep my levels within range all day and feel great keep me going and even when the highs and lows you cause make me want to quit there's always going to be that bit of me that will keep on going.
I will never give fighting you for good. This is one battle you will never win, when that cure comes I will be the one laughing instead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment