Tuesday 29 May 2012

Its the little things in life.....

I find that its always the little things in life that make moments or days special. It's hearing the birds in the morning and seeing the sun shining in the window which mean I start my day with a smile, it's seeing a good blood sugar after a meal and knowing I've calculated my insulin correctly. It's going to collect my prescription and they actually have everything there for me so I don't have to make a second trip :)

Ive learnt that when your dealing with something like diabetes on a daily basis its the small things that really do make the biggest difference. whether it be waking up after a hypo free night, not having any high or low blood sugars or even just not hearing or seeing any bad reactions to injecting insulin in public it means the world to the person dealing with it. 

Today my little thing was just having stable enough blood sugars to revise for exams all day, this is the first day this has happened and it was lovely to feel normal and be able to concentrate on what i was doing. I wasn't drinking pints of water or having to eat to bring my levels back up. things like this people take for granted, but for me it meant everything <3

No comments:

Post a Comment