Friday 14 September 2012

getting closer by the day

i start uni in just over a week... its arrived quite quickly actually, more quickly than i would have liked if I'm honest

am i allowed to say that I'm actually scared about uni?..... like not just a little nervous... I'm actually terrified. its such a huge step from what I'm doing at the moment, I'm actually becoming independent now and the concept terrifies me....

then theres the whole saying goodbye to college friends. i know its not gunna be goodbye forever, but i hate it. i hate saying goodbye. i know ill make new friends, and they will probably be great and everything, but i was happy at college with all the people there and i didn't really want to leave the safety net of the semi independence it offered.

and the money side of things.... i never realised how expensive uni would be... i knew it would cost loads, but not quite this much.... i think that's whats stressing me out the most actually. its the knowing that things cost so much and that student finance are being idiots and not sorting stuff quick enough meaning that basically i cant afford to go... apparently it takes a month to check that my mum is the only income to the house to get me income based grants... i mean seriously?

i know this looks like a huge rant of nothingness, but its causing me mayhem with blood sugars. not a good thing when you are trying to sort out insulin to carb ratios and keep things under control. its not a good start for uni in the slightest... I'm hoping it all gets sorted within the next week so that i can chill a bit and my levels can settle before they screw up again for freshers...

ah well. i guess things will be fine in the end. they usually are....

No comments:

Post a Comment