Saturday 22 September 2012

its actually happening

ok, tomorrow is the day.... tomorrow I'm off to uni, off to start a whole new life... scary really. i cant believe that I've been preparing for tomorrow for over a year. a year. the time has gone so fast its unreal. i don't think any of it feels quite real yet actually, i mean I've packed, I've got the paperwork, I've been talking to other people on the course. but its all very surreal. like a dream...

and today was the final goodbyes to my friends, the last few that I've had to make before i go. i know it wont be forever, but it feels too long till the next time i see them right now. really hate saying goodbye, makes me all emotional (not a good thing when your driving) but i guess it really is only a few weeks, so I'm sure it'll all be fine :)

I'm prepared but at the same time I'm really not. I've got all the general things, but then with diabetes thrown in the mix I've had so much more to organize and think about... like making sure i have enough supplies.... i was doing so well with that and then i forgot to put in an extra prescription for insulin.... meaning now i have 2 cartridges to last me until i can get the docs and my prescription sorted... its a pain, but then ill have to manage (luckily i have some spare insulin from when i was on 2 jabs a day so i can go back to that if i need to)

i am sooo excited about uni, but I'm scared. scared about how diabetes will react to the new changes, how my levels will go when I'm out drinking for freshers... how other people will react to me being diabetic. its all new and scary, but it'll be ok. i know it will... there are thousands of other diabetics doing exactly the same as i am and there are loads of others that have made it all the way through.

so here i come uni... its gunna be good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment