Sunday 4 November 2012

diabetes awareness month - whats in my D bag?



ok, todays prompt was about what I carry around every day with me.... so instead of writing about that i thought it would be easier to show you with pictures :)

so here is my D bag.... i use a make up bag to carry everything around as its got more room than the normal meter cases and means i can keep everything together :)



and the stuff inside.....


  • 2 insulin pens (novorapid = red and levemir = blue)
  • glucose meter
  • test strips
  • finger stabber
  • pot to hold all of my used needles, strips and lancets 
  • needles
  • lancets
  • ketone meter
  • blood ketone strips
  • diabetic id (card with contact details and hypo symptoms)
In addition to this i also carry around some form of sugar.... normally lucozade or glucotabs for hypos (low blood sugars)

thats what i carry around every day with me in my bag so that im prepared for anything that happens. diabetes doesnt exactly come light.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Im Jenni and im 16, i saw your post on the asthma uk facebook wall so i decided to check you out. Its amazing how much of a difference two years can make isnt it? i thought hauling my asthma inhalers, spacer and peak flow (sometimes) around every day was hard but taking all that with you, must be hard. i wonder, do you have to carry around a medic alert bracelet with you too? anyway if you want to have a look at my blog its www.mylungsmylife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiya, yeah 2yrs is a fairly long time when it comes to stuff like this :) you get used to it, bit of a pain when i want to go out, but then i need it so i just get bigger bags :) yeah, i normally wear a medic alert bracelet or anklet plus a card in my purse and a dogtag on my car keys so im covered if i ever forget to wear the bracelet :) ooh thanks, will have a look xx

      Delete
  2. Yeah i think its a good idea to have a medic alert with you, i just carry my asthma medication card but i think if i was having an attack not many people would think to look in my wallet. Hope your doing alright x

    ReplyDelete