Friday 23 November 2012

time to man up and sort it out.

sometimes a break is all it takes to get back on track. sometimes it's essential to be able to cope with a situation and to see it in a new light.

so a break is what i took.

for the last week I've pretty much taken a complete break from diabetes. I've not thought about it, I've not tested as much and I've not been taking insulin (bad idea, but as i still produce some insulin myself so it wasn't a disaster) yeah I've felt rubbish cos I've done this... and yeah I've seen some high sugar levels, but the physical and mental break from diabetes has done me the world of good....

I'm now ready to start again, I'm ready to have another go at doing things like i should....

I've slipped, stumbled and got back up again, tears have been shed and wiped away and my brain has fought the battle and won. things can only get better.... i hope..... but we will see, diabetes has a nasty habit of kicking you back down when you find your feet again.

I've been thinking.... and I've come to the conclusion that maybe its time to talk to my doc about how I'm feeling and how i haven't been coping..... this sort of thing has happened too many times in the last 3 months and i cant keep going on like this. its gunna be a big step gigantic leap out of my comfort zone but i think it needs to be done. i need my head sorted to be able to get through the stresses the next 3 years is going to bring.

i guess its time to man up and get on with it though.... sort myself out and get going with my life. only i can do it and its only me that will suffer the consequences....

1 comment:

  1. This post put a huge smile on my face! Pleased you've found that get-up-and-go again! And good luck with talking to your doctor :-)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete