Saturday 9 June 2012

moving on

in life we always have to move on from one thing to another, when we are babies we move from milk to solid food, when we are 4yrs old we move from nursery school to primary school, then we move from there to secondary school and we continue going until we end up being where we want to be. for some people this can take many years, some it only takes a few and others will never reach their goals.....

in September I'm planning on moving to uni to do teaching (maths)... its going to be a whole new experience for me and i don't know how its going to affect my diabetes. i mean Ive got soo many things in place to lessen the impact of the d on my studies but theres still room for my levels to play havoc with what i need to do.

diabetes wise, in the last 2 years, I've gone from having a fully working pancreas, to needing metformin and gliclazide, then i moved onto no tablets for a while before trialing sitagliptin which didn't work so i started on insulin..... at first i was on 2 injections (insulatard) and now I'm on 4 per day (novorapid and levemir). my levels are still pretty hectic sometimes with the insulin but i am now more controlled and a lot happier than i was on tablets (even if i do have to inject now)

all of these changes have impacted my a-levels a great deal and last year i didn't get the best AS grades due to constant high levels.... but now I'm getting there, I'm moving on and I'm getting ready to make my mark on the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment