Tuesday 19 June 2012

yes im diabetic, do you really need to watch?

today i had an exam.... that's my 7th one this summer (I'm finally getting there with them!!)

like always, i like to check my sugar levels about half way through just to check I'm not too high or low so i can concentrate.... so that's what i did, but this time i was sat right at the front of the exam hall (i hate that anyway) which meant i had invigilators watching me.....

so i pulled my meter towards me, grabbed a strip and stabbed my finger.... just like always. but this time out the corner of my eye i could see one invigilator fidgeting and shifting her position so that she could see what i was doing.... was pretty funny as she obviously hadn't read her notes saying that I'm diabetic and have my glucose meter with me (it can be mistaken for a phone) but i carried on and didn't look at her.... then after i finished testing i grabbed the lucozade and started having a bit (i wasn't low but i was lower than i would have liked) by this point she was giving me really odd looks wondering what i was doing..... mind you, she gave me odd looks when i put 2 bottles of drink on my desk at the beginning (lucozade and water) ah well, i taught her what a diabetics glucose meter looks like today... i guess it was worth the weird looks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment