Friday 1 June 2012

little bit longer and I'll be fine :)




so as most people know, Nick Jonas is a type 1 diabetic and has written a song about it..... 

Got the news today
Doctors said i had to stay
A little bit longer and i'll be fine

When i thought it'd all be done

When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And everytime you smile, you laugh, you glow
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know.

All this time goes by

Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.

Waitin' on a cure

But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And everytime you smile, you laugh, you glow
You dont even know, know, know
You dont even know, know, know.
You dont even know, no.

And you don't know what you got 'til it's gone.

Don't know what it's like to feel so low, yeah!
And everytime you smile, you laugh, you glow,
You dont even know! no! yeah! woah!

So I'll wait 'til kingdom come.

All the highs and lows are gone
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
I'll be... fine

I was listening to it today and it still catches me every time, more often than not a tear (or several) still fall by the end when he says about finding a cure and all the highs and lows being gone. 

im not sure what i would do if a cure became available, ive spent the last 2yrs getting used to diabetes and if it was to suddenly disappear tomorrow i think i would have a really hard time coming to terms with it. i know that i dont like diabetes but it is such a big part of my life that if it just disappeared then i think i would be lost, testing and injecting is just part of my everyday routine and i would probably find myself reaching for my test kit and insulin with meals then realising that i dont have to do it anymore..... of course, i and every other diabetic would adjust eventually, just like we did when we were first diagnosed.

i think that every diabetic can relate to the song though, i take every day as it comes and when things get tough i do tell myself that ive just gotta wait a little bit longer till things will be ok again. then theres the parts where hes saying about how you dont know what you have until its gone.... i dont think i knew what the pancreas even did before i got diabetes and i definitely didnt appreciate what it does every day, its tough having to be a pancreas (the real one or a stand in one until the cure is found) thats another lesson ive learnt from diabetes, appreciate what youve got.... no matter how big or small, this could always be worse

No comments:

Post a Comment